Rise of the Twilight Empire
There are planes of reality other than our own. The veil that separates these strange and alien worlds from our own is thinner and more porous than most people realize. In fact, without the energies that leak from other worlds into our own, there would be no magic. The mark of a master arcanist is the ability to push aside the veil between worlds and step through to another.
Most scholars agree on the existence of these planes:
- The Astral Sea, the plane above. Home of the gods and many other strange celestial creatures.
- The Elemental Chaos, the plane below. A roiling sea of raw elemental energies. It is subdivided into individual elemental planes, but it also houses
- The Abyss, a hole in reality at the bottom of the Elemental Chaos that spews forth demons and corruption.
- The Feywild, the bright reflection. A plane overflowing with life energy, and home to all manner of beautiful and terrifying creatures.
- The Shadowfell, the dark reflection. Land of the dead. The purgatory all souls pass to when they die.